UPSC IAS pre-exam was scheduled to be conducted on the 31 May 2020. But due to COVID 19 Pandemic, it has been postponed. As per the latest notification, UPSC Pre Exam will conduct in October 2020. Those students who have applied for this exam can check all the important details and exam dates, etc.
Latest News: Finally, Union Public Service Commission has released the UPSC Pre Exam Admit Card 2020 and exam date as well. as per the information, there are almost 6 lakh students may appear in this exam across India. The examination was scheduled to conduct in May 2020 but due to COVID 19 pandemic, it was postponed.
However, the students are protesting against the board and file a petition in the supreme court to do not conduct the exam because still this pandemic is active. In response, UPSC said to the Supreme court that they have already made all the preparations so they are unable to postponed again.
The Supreme court asked UPSC to present the Exam preparation details in the supreme court. Well, UPSC Pre Exam Admit Card 2020 has been released and you can download from the link given below the article.
The examination date has been proposed by UPSC is 4th October 2020. Let’s see what the SUpreme court decides. The aspirants are suggested to focus on their preparation.
UPSC Exam 2020 Registration Date, Prelims Exam Date, Admit Card and Fee details
|Important Dates||Application Fee Details|
Payment Method:- Payment can be made through Online Net Banking / Debit Card / Credit Card and Offline Mode.
UPSC 2020 Total No Of Vacancy, Offered Post Details
There is a total of 886 vacancies are available this year in civil services exams for various groups. Let’s have some detailed information about the post that will be offered by UPSC this year.
Group (A) Services
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service
- Indian Post and Telecommunication Accounts and Finance Service
- Indian Postal Service
- Indian Railway Accounts Service
- Indian Railway Personnel Service
- Indian Railway Traffic Service
- Indian Civil Accounts Service
- Indian Corporate Law Service
- Indian Defence Accounts Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Custom and Central Excise)
- Indian Defence Estates Service
- Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax)
- Indian Trade Service (Gr. III)
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)
- Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force
- Indian Police Service.
Group (B) Services:
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Services (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Pondicherry Civil Service
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Services
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Services
- Pondicherry Police Service.
Age Limit & Educational Qualifications for IAS 2020
To appear in the IAS 2020 exam, candidates have to qualify all the eligibility criteria such as Nationality, Age Limit, Educational Qualification, Physical standards and No of Attempts, etc. Let’s know about all the eligibility criteria step by step-
Age Limit: As On (01-08-2020)
- minimum age limit is 21 years, while the maximum age limit is 31 years.
- For the reserved category(SC/ST/OBC):
- SC/ST: Up to 5 years
- OBC: Up to 3 years
- Ex-Serviceman: Up to 5 years.
- Defense Services: up to 3 years.
- PWD Candidates: 10 years.
- Domicile Of Jammu and Kashmir from 01-Jan- 1981, to 31-Dec- 1990- will get age relaxation up to 5 years.
Candidates were having graduation in any stream or equivalent degree from a recognized university in India. They are eligible to apply for the exam.
How To Apply UPSC IAS Exam Form 2020
Let’s know step by step procedure how you can easily apply for the UPSC. Here, the steps are given below
- To apply UPSC IAS Form 2020, candidates have to visit the official website of UPSC, which is “https://upsconline.nic.in/.”
- Once you reached this website, you will notice an option for “Apply Online For Various Examination of UPSC,” Click on that link.
- After clicking that, a page will open where you have to select the exam for which the application needs to be filled.
- Now, click the option “Click Here” given there under the registration part-1 tab.
- On clicking the link, an instruction page will open; you should read the instruction before apply because if you make any mistake during form filling, your registration may be canceled.
- Click the button “Yes” given below the instruction page.
- Finally, you will see the application form, provide all the required details there carefully, and submit. Once you filled the application form, you will proceed further to the fee payment page.
How To Pay Application Fee Of UPSC Exam 2020
Candidates can pay Application Fee through both offline and online modes but, there are some restrictions that you must know before paying exam fees.
Candidates who choose online payment mode for fee payment can pay their fees using VISA or Rupay Debit Card / Credit Card / Or Online Net Banking.
Offline Candidates who choose an offline mode to pay have to visit the nearest branch of SBI to pay their application fee. They have to download E-Challan and submit your payment via cash at the SBI branch counter within the next working days.
How To Download UPSC IAS Pre Admit Card 2020
In order to download UPSC IAS Pre Admit Card 2020, follow the instructions provided below-
- First of all, visit the official website of UPSC https://upsc.gov.in.
- Click on the link “Download UPSC IAS Pre Admit Card 2020” given on the homepage.
- Then select the method to download for example:- “By Registration ID” & “By Roll Number”.
- Fill your Registration Id/ Roll Number and Date Of Birth.
- Now, click on the submit button to download the admit card.
- Download your admit card and don’t forget to take the printout of it for future references.
Important instructions For UPSC Pre Exam 2020 Candidates
- The candidates are suggested to check their UPSC IAS Pre Exam Admit Card 2020 whether all the details are correct or not.
- If found any mistake report immediately to the officials.
- Any Electronics Gadgets such as Mobile, Watches, Calculator, Pager, or any IT gadgets are strictly prohibited in the exam hall.
- Candidates are also suggested not to bring any costly items to the exam centers, the board will not be responsible for any loss.
- Those candidates who have not a clear photo on the admit card have to bring photo-id proof for example:- Adhaar card, Passport, Driving License, Voter ID card, etc & two passport size photograph.
- Candidates can carry a black ball pen for answering questions.
- Please reach to the exam centers an hour before the commencement of the examination.
- The candidates will not be allowed into the exam hall after the 10 minutes of commencement of the examination.
- The candidates can wear a simple analog wristwatch into the exam canter.
- The candidates are allowed to carry Sanitizer in a transparent bottle into the examination hall.
- The candidates are strongly required to follow all the Social Distancing guidelines of the government.
Note: All the candidates are suggested to follow the guidelines otherwise your candidature may be canceled at any stage of examination.
All the best for every aspirant of UPSC 2020
Links To Apply UPSC Exam 2020
|Download Admit Card||Click Here|
|Download Pre Exam Postponed Notice||Download|
|Download Pre Exam Notice||Download|
|Online Registration||Registration part I|
|Apply Online||Registration Part II|
|Official Notification||IAS || IFS|
|Official Website||Click Here|